Transportation to and from Cascade Locks
- WARNING - Due to the Eagle Creek Fire of 2017, the Historic Columbia River Highway is closed for a major section of this bike route, Bridal Veil to Cascade Locks, and the only alternative is biking on the Interstate. If riding next to 75 mph semi trucks is your idea of fun, proceed with extreme caution. Map of Historic Columbia River Highway closures.
- Alternatively, the Columbia Gorge Express, listed below, can accommodate 3 bikes on board. Bike route to Portland's Gateway Transit Center.
transit, bus & Shuttles
- Columbia Area Transit (CAT) - Providing a fixed schedule, Tuesday-Thursday, service between Portland and Cascade Locks; and, Monday-Friday service between Cascade Locks and Hood River. Use Google Maps transit directions for real-time information.
- Columbia Gorge Express - Beginning May 25, 2018, Columbia Gorge Expresses daily service will take you from Portland's Gateway Transit Center to Rooster Rock State Park, Multnomah Falls, Cascade Locks and finally Hood River.
- MountNBarrel Bike Tours - with the reservation of a bike tour, this tour company will pick you up in Cascade Locks and bring you to Hood River.
"Sightseeing cruises on the Columbia River depart from the Cascade Locks Marine Park several times per day, May through October. Guests can enjoy memorable one or two hour narrated sightseeing excursions, weekend champagne brunch cruises, dinner cruises, and a variety of special event and holiday cruises.
sol rides ebike tours
"Rolling into the heart of the Columbia River Gorge where the wilderness forest collides with the wondrous natures of man. We will stop to marvel at the geology around Cascade Locks and Thunder Island as we gaze into the expansive view thru the Bridge of the Gods."
Vintage tour bus company
"Visiting Cascade Locks and The Dalles, we will learn about the great western migration of the early pioneer of the 1840s, the hardships they encountered, and the impact it had on the native population who had inhabited these lands for over 10,000 years.